lunes, 13 de junio de 2011

Management parameter: space


How does this management parameter empower my own teaching practicum?

I consider that space is one of the important parameters that will empower my teaching practicum in different instances. Formerly, the arrangement of the classrooms has to do with the environment the teacher wants to have in the classroom. I think that teachers` arrangement of classroom space send messages about their image of the learner and the kind of learning they intend. Moreover, the teacher has to know the way he or she is going to arrange the classroom in order to make students get involved in his or her classes.  There are many different ways in which the classroom can be arranged such as in semi-circle, in a circle, in a u form, and so on. It depends on the teacher which arrangement of the classroom works best for him or her. In my case, the arrangement of the classroom that works best for me is the semi-circle of the desks. The students are motivated because they are not really facing the teacher but all the individuals in the class so that they feel in confidence to express themselves freely. Besides, when the teacher connects the image of the active learner to the square room arrangement, the learner becomes the center. This is one of the traditional ways: When a teacher ties the empty learner image to the rectangular room arrangement, the teacher`s function is to fill the learners with knowledge. This way, in my opinion, should be avoided in our classes. Furthermore, when the teacher ties the social learner, children learn about their own feelings, the feelings of others, and the study levels and consequences of interactions. Second, I need to say that the role that each ownership plays inside the classroom is something that I will have in mind while teaching since it can better my students` feelings. I think that if I can apply all the pieces of advice that I read and learned during this mind map presentation, I will be able to better my teaching practicum as I will offer my students a better environment for learning. Finally, I can say that know certain important aspects about space is pretty important because the arrangement that the teacher gives to his or her classroom influences a lot in the environment in the classroom and of course in the students development during the learning process.
                                                                                                           




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario